Who will perform our wedding without “churchy” lingo and do so with beauty and fun? Who will conduct a memorial for our loved one that celebrates life with just the right tone and language that resonates with us?
For those who are spiritual but not religious and for those who do not adhere to a particular faith tradition, finding support through life’s major transitions can be a challenge. Without a faith community, where do you find someone who will respect, honor and celebrate your beliefs and relationships?
Whether you seek a naming ceremony for a newborn or blessing for a new home, someone to marry you, or someone to provide a fitting remembrance for a loved one, these life passages deserve professional, sensitive and caring support. As an ordained interfaith minister, I will listen to your story, learn what is important to you, and then create a customized ceremony that celebrates you and your loved ones.
What kinds of ceremonies do you officiate?
- Weddings for people of multiple faith traditions or no faith tradition
- Weddings for the LGBT community
- Memorials and funerals
- Baby blessings/Naming Ceremonies
- House blessings
- Pet blessings
- Rites of passage for any other major life transition (for example: divorce, graduations, retirement, illness)
What’s the first step?
The first step is to have a preliminary meeting or phone consultation to make sure we are a good fit for each other. This meeting is free of charge.
If we decide to work together, we can then collaborate on your ceremony. I’ll share with you some suggested resources and create a detailed order of ceremony for you to review.
What are your fees?
For weddings, the fee is $500. (A $250 deposit holds your date. The balance of $250 is due the day of the wedding.) This fee includes our planning meeting, crafting the service, receiving your approval of the proposed service, the rehearsal, and the wedding itself.
For all other ceremonies, the fee is $350. This includes our meeting time(s), crafting the ceremony and confirming it with you, and the actual ceremony.
(For ceremonies that involve significant travel, an additional hourly fee may also apply for travel time.)
What can I expect?
- Respect for your spirituality, whatever form it takes
- Laid back; a “no hoops to jump through” process
- Straightforward communication
- Deep listening, compassion and openness
- Laughter (when appropriate, of course)
- Customized ceremonies and rituals that are both professional and personal
- A warm, unconditional embrace of you and your loved ones, no matter who you are, what you believe, or whom you love
For more information:
I would be honored to perform ceremonies and rituals that overflow with beauty and add meaning to your major life events. To discuss your ceremony, please contact me.